Sunday, February 14, 2016

Favorites :: Behind the Scenes :: The Delightfully Gruesome Conceptual Art for Irwin Allen's The Towering Inferno (1974)











Aren't those just fantastic? I'm telling ya, vintage film featurettes and production materials are my drug, and I'm currently mainlining my way through The Towering Inferno Blu-ray. I also just procured a copy of Thomas N. Scortia and Frank M. Robinson's novel, The Glass Inferno, which when combined with Richard Martin Stern's The Tower (which I had already read) served as the basis for Irwin Allen's disaster movie to end all disaster movies. 


Combine all of that and, sure enough, we're currently in the natal stages for one of those patented, indulgently self-reflective, long-winded and overly researched kitchen-sink reviews that pop up around here on occasion. So, stay tuned, Boils and Ghouls, it's about to get pretty hot around here. (And what is the flash-point of polyester and taffeta anyways?) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...