Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Movie Poster Spotlight :: Best [Not] Left to the Imagination : Jacques Tourneur's Curse of the Demon (1957)

Praise Cthulhu and pass the ammunition, brothers and sisters, for I was once lost and blind but now I see. Yes, I used to be fairly entrenched in my beliefs that producer Hal Chester was a nincompoop for insisting, over the protests of almost everyone else involved, that an actual monster needed to show up in his movie, Night/Curse of the Demon, or face the potential wrath of his prospective audience. Leave it to the imagination, I said, parroting what other, smarter people had said before me, but, seriously, how can anyone conjure up anything more spooktacular than that thing featured below. It's the whole Hitchcock bomb theory, folks, where the audience finds a scene more suspenseful when it knows something the characters on screen don't. So, I know there really is a demon, and Karswell, that skunk, really knows there's a demon, but our hero and resident skeptic, Holden, won't even consider the notion, which, I guess, makes him the nincompoop.

:: One Sheet ::


:: Three Sheet ::



:: Six Sheet ::


:: Insert ::


:: Half Sheets ::



:: Lobby Cards ::








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...